Below is information about the 2018 competition.
This year’s Photo Review International Photography Competition will be juried by Sarah Meister, Photography Curator, Museum of Modern Art, New York. The Photo Review Competition enables thousands of people across the country to see the accepted work in our 2018 competition issue and on our website. Also, the prize-winning photographers will be chosen for an exhibition at the photography gallery of The University of the Arts, Philadelphia. And Forrest Old, director of the Red Filter Gallery, will select a photographer for a one-person show at the online gallery.
Because their work was seen in The Photo Review, past winners have been given one-person exhibitions, have had their work reproduced in other leading photography magazines, and have sold their work to collectors throughout the country.
An entry fee of $35 for up to three images and $8 for each additional image, entitles all entrants to a copy of the full-color catalogue. In addition, all entrants will be able to subscribe to The Photo Review for $36, a 20% discount. (Higher rates apply for non-US subscribers.)
All entries will be registered through Smarter Entry. Digital images can be uploaded using Smarter Entry here.
All entries must be received by May 31, 2018.
- Prizewinners exhibited at the University of the Arts Photography Gallery, Philadelphia
- One photographer chosen for a one-person show at the Red Filter Gallery
- Accepted entries reproduced in The Photo Review journal and website
- Editor’s Selections exhibited in several Photo Review web galleries
- A $500 purchase prize from Haverford College
- a Mission Workshop Rhake, Weatherproof Laptop Backpack with The Capsule, Padded Camera Insert
- a 24″x50′ roll of Museo Silver Rag
- a $200 gift certificate from Shades of Paper, a leading supplier of inkjet photo paper
- a 20″x24″ silver gelatin fiber print from Digital Silver Imaging
- an Airport Advantage Plus camera bag from ThinkTank Photo
- an Airport Advantage camera bag from ThinkTank Photo
- several Kodak Mini Shot Instant Cameras and All-in-One Mini Cartridges
- fabulous Tog Tees Photo T-shirts
Sarah Meister is a photography curator at the Museum of Modern Art. Among her many accomplishments, her most recent books include One and One Is Four: The Bauhaus Photocollages of Josef Albers (2016) and Arbus Friedlander Winogrand: New Documents, 1967 (2017). She is a co-editor of and contributing author to the three-volume series Photography at MoMA (1960 to Now, 1920 to 1960, and 1840 to 1920), co-director of the August Sander Project (a five-year research initiative with Noam Elcott, Columbia University), and the lead instructor for the online course Seeing Through Photographs on Coursera.
View our winners from previous years:
- 2016 Prize Winners, Winners Gallery, and Web Galleries – juried by Malcolm Daniel, Curator of Photography at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
- 2015 Prize Winners, Winners Gallery, and Web Galleries — juried by Laurence Miller, Director at the Laurence Miller Gallery in New York City
- 2014 Winners’ Galleries and selected other entries
- 2013 and earlier (takes you back to our old site)